Organisational Structure

We are the biggest vertically-integrated producer and supplier of electricity and heat in Poland. The size of the entire organisation, internally introduced organisation and restructuring changes make the management of such a developed structure to be a big responsibility.

Structure of the Group

PGE Group as of the end of 2020 consisted of the parent company (PGE S.A) and 72 subsidiaries that employ over 40 thousand employees. All of PGE Group’s companies were organised in five main operating segments that constitute business lines, i.e. Conventional Generation, District Heating, Renewables, Distribution, Supply, as well as other operations.

Structure of the Capital Group in 2020*
PGE-grafiki structure-ENG_v2 PGE-grafiki structure-ENG_v2

*Simplified structure – includes key entities.

In July 2021 a process of transfer of district heating assets from PGE GiEK (CHP plant in Szczecin, CHP plant Pomorzany, district heating grid in Gryfino) to the structures of PGE Energia Ciepła was completed.

Also in 2021, PGE S.A. sold to the State Treasury its whole stake (70%) in PGE EJ 1, company dealing with the project to build a nuclear power plant in Poland.

Additionally, new segment – Circular Economy – has been created since January 2021.

The Group’s current structure was shaped in 2010 as a result of the contribution by the State Treasury of 85% of shares in PGE Energia and PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka to PGE S.A. in exchange for new-issue shares in the Company’s increased share capital. Given its size, internal organisational changes and acquisitions, PGE Group is in a continuous process of simplifying structures and integration.

In the governmental plan of transformation of the power sector in Poland announced in May 2021, a concept was presented regarding spin-off from particular power companies’ capital groups of assets related to generation of electricity in conventional coal-fired units. The assumptions include, inter alia, integration of coal assets within one entity, i.e. PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A. – currently a PGE’s subsidiary, which will ultimately operate as the National Energy Security Agency (“NABE”). It means, that the next periods the Group’s structure will be subject to further changes.

Organisation of the parent company

PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A. is a joint stock company. The majority shareholder was the State Treasury which held 57.39% in the share capital. Remaining 42.61% of shares were in the free float on the stock exchange.

PGE S.A. is also PGE Group’s parent company – serving as a Corporate Centre managing the group based on information coming from PGE Group companies. The Corporate Centre makes important decisions regarding the operations of specific business lines as well as strategic directions for the development of both business lines and the Group as a whole.

The General Meeting is a meeting of the company’s shareholders (co-owners) during which they may adopt results only on matters that are included in a detailed agenda, as established by the Management Board or another entity convening the General Meeting.

The Supervisory Board exercises continuous supervision over the company’s activities in all of its operating areas. The Management Board represents the company and conducts its affairs.

More information about the corporate bodies is available in chapter Corporate Governance.

Search results